View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Sledding between Payson and Heber?? 

Post Sledding between Payson and Heber??
Anyone know of a spot to bring kids sledding between Payson and Heber? Assuming, of course, there is still snow on the ground from the storms we just had. I am hoping to go later this week.

Is this considered e-scouting?? :lol:

Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:53 pm

Post Re: Sledding between Payson and Heber??
I drove back from Show low yesterday and there was snow on top of the rim. There is a good spot right at 87 and 260 which would be closer and it has a great hill and large area to play in.Maybe Steven will chime in .(azbwhunter) He drives by there every day.

Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:43 am
Profile YIM

Elkman7x7 wrote:
There is a good spot right at 87 and 260 which would be closer and it has a great hill and large area to play in.

Right in town then? Is it visible from 87 or 260? Thanks for the reply!

Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:45 am

atforest, elkman7X7 is talking about the SR 87 / 260 Junction that takes you to Camp Verde. The snow play area is on the south side of SR 87, at the gravel pit used by ADOT. Last weekend there were hundreds of people out there and parking along the shoulder made travel extremely dangerous. If at all possible, avoid the weekends at all cost. It's only a matter of time before someone gets killed there by a passing car and they shut the area down for good. I almost hit 3 teen-aged idiots that were playing grab-ass the last time I went through there. Be safe out there!

TD

"It's far better to be bad at doing something, than to be good at doing nothing." - ThunderDan

Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:36 am

The gates at Cinch hook were swung open yesterday. There is limited parking and like TD said it's only a matter of time before some poor kid get's killed there. There is no parking out of the pit, if the pit is full I would go up to Wing Mountain off of HWY 180 towards snowbowl in Flag. Weekends are absolutely crazy for the parking situation, DPS and USFS will be issuing citations to people that are parking in the right of way from this point forward. The no parking signs are very visible and we will have a no tolerance attitude towards the folks breaking the law. Go on a weekday if at all possible. If not, you better be there right at sun up to get a parking spot and not worry about the ticket. It's a great hill for the kids and the ice tracks are well formed all ready by others already having fun. Remember no metal sledding devices or bottled beverages are allowed. Enjoy!

Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]